Manahawkin General Dentistry
Young Dentistry offers general dentistry to New Jersey patients in Manahawkin and surrounding communities. We believe that excellent dentistry begins with proper oral care at home, professional cleanings, customized evaluations, periodontal chartings, and individualized periodontal/gum programs for each patient. Recommendations are made for seeing Dr. Robert Young and his hygienists two to four times a year or on individualized schedules depending on the severity of each patient’s gum or periodontal condition. Recommendations are made for a schedule of thorough dental exams/checkups, which includes examinations of your teeth, gums, bone structure, occlusion, temporomandibular joints, soft tissues, lymph nodes. We will also look for oral cancer. These exams have helped many patients preserve their teeth and enjoy good oral health over the years, in addition to letting us diagnose developing cysts and cases of cancer early. This type of excellence in care by Dr. Young can help you and your family too!
Keeping your teeth free of decay and your gums liberated from disease is only possible with a foundation of consistent oral care at home and professional supervision by a highly trained and dedicated dentistry and hygienist. Dr. Young and his team are serving the community with cutting edge dentistry and individualized treatment plans for periodontal disease, and they want to help you and your children too.
Dr. Young and our expert dental hygienists will be happy to discuss what oral prescriptions will work best for you. We will help you with bad breath, mobile or decayed teeth, bone loss, infections, gum recession, sensitive teeth, crooked teeth, and unpleasant smiles—it is our promise to you, our patients.
Dr. Young has also received advanced training in detecting oral cancer and preventing it from spreading through early detection and diagnosis. He will conduct a thorough oral exam on your first visit and on each checkup. As part of your exam, he will look at your teeth, gums, and all of the soft tissues in your mouth. He will also assess the bone surrounding your teeth, assess your bite, and evaluate your temporomandibular joints for clicking, difficulty opening, and more. To check your smile for cancer, Dr. Young will examine your tongue, the glands in your jaw and tongue and your salivation ducts. He will also look for cuts, sores, bleeding, and oral swelling to protect you from missing something which can become very serious. Our expert hygienists will also give you a thorough cleaning.
But that’s not all! The advanced cutting edge dentistry options at Young Dentistry also include:
- Private consultations with Dr. Young to thoroughly discuss your dental concerns, fears, desires, and health history to ensure that your dental care will be safe and successful for many years.
- Children’s dentistry
- Dental sealants and fluoride supplements
- Periodontal therapy, gum and bone treatments, surgery, and prescriptions
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) therapy
- Bite assessments
- Custom dental appliances for grinding and wearing of teeth, TMJ
- Sleep apnea and snoring therapy
- Custom Athletic mouthguards
- Implant placement
- Porcelain crowns over implants
- State of the art preservation of extraction sockets for placement of implants
- Fixed non removable dentures
- Oral sedation
- Smile makeovers with thin beautiful veneers
- Dr. Young is a member of the Academy of Facial Esthetics and can administer Botox and Dermal fillers to augment you smile and eliminate creases and wrinkles
- Treatment of tooth sensitivity with new professional prescription desensitizers
- Painless root canal treatments
- Oral surgery
Dr. Robert Young and his dedicated team of professionals at Young Dentistry provide general, restorative, implant, sedation, and cosmetic dentistry and treatment with Botox and dermal fillers to augment your smile and eliminate unwanted wrinkles and frown lines. Emergency care is always available for Dr. Young’s patients. We invite the communities of Manahawkin, Stafford, Toms River Long Beach Island, Surf City, Tuckerton, Barnegat, Forked River, and all of our surrounding areas to book an appointment now. We are located at 1104 Beacon Avenue, Manahawkin, NJ in Ocean Acres right behind Southern Medical Center off Nautilus Drive. Our phone number is (609) 597-1830. We are here to comfort you!