Cosmetic Dental Bonding – Manahawkin, NJ
Making a Quick Change to Your Teeth
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your smile, it is past time to do something about it. Minor chips or other slight imperfections affecting the teeth that show when you smile can be corrected with a noninvasive treatment known as cosmetic dental bonding. In Manahawkin, NJ, Dr. Robert Young offers this procedure to perfect our friends’ and neighbors’ smiles!
Why Choose Young Dentistry for Cosmetic Dental Bonding?
Expert Dentist and
Reliable Team Members
A Dental Office That Treats
You Like Family
Used for Bonding
What Are the Benefits of Cosmetic Dental Bonding?
Cosmetic bonding offers a number of advantages. They include the following:
- A noninvasive procedure that is completed in just one appointment
- Can correct a variety of issues which may affect the front teeth
- The biocompatible resin can be shaded to match your smile perfectly
- An affordable way to improve the appearance of the teeth that show when you smile
- Can replace the need for braces when used to close slight gaps between teeth
- Often leads to improved self-confidence and/or enhanced quality of life
How Does Cosmetic Dental Bonding Work?
Cosmetic bonding is a simple way to correct minor issues affecting the front teeth. It works using a biocompatible resin made of smooth glass and plastic particles. This material can be custom shaded to perfectly match the color of your surrounding teeth.
To treat your teeth with cosmetic bonding, Dr. Young or one of our hygienists will clean the affected area and make sure it is thoroughly dry. Special barriers surround the tooth to prevent saliva from entering the area. A bonding agent is carefully applied to the tooth enamel to ensure the material will attach firmly. After that, the color-matched resin is applied to the area and shaped to look just right and fit properly with your dentition. To finish the procedure, the material is cured under a UV light.
Is Cosmetic Dental Bonding Right for Me?
Cosmetic bonding may be a good option for you if you are dealing with the following issues:
- Chipped teeth
- Slight gaps between teeth
- Uneven texture
- Short or stubby teeth
- Pointy or misshapen teeth
- Severe surface stains
- And select other cosmetic imperfections
Patients with broken or decayed teeth or who have more severe cosmetic imperfections may be better served by another procedure. The only way to know is to book an appointment with Dr. Young!