There are lots of good reasons to travel overseas. What could match the beauty of the Pacific islands or the history and grandeur of Europe’s ancient cities? Sometimes though, it’s best to stay in the good old United States. This is certainly the case when you’re looking for safe, affordable dental care. Your dentist in Manahawkin has the equipment, training, and support to give you the treatment you deserve.
What Makes American Dental Care the Best in the World
The United States healthcare system is the envy of the world, and with good reason. No other country can match our dentists, physicians, clinics, or hospitals for quality or safety. Here are three important reasons why:
- The US medical and dental professions are governed by powerful private and public agencies who keep a close eye on practitioners. The sole purpose of these agencies is to ensure your health and well-being. They’re constantly working to keep American healthcare on the cutting edge of advancement.
- It’s impossible to overstate the value of modern high-tech tools and techniques when it comes to giving you the best possible treatment. This level of care is only possible in a prosperous, technologically advanced society like ours. While other countries do their best, many of them simply cannot compare in this regard.
- Your body is an amazing machine. This is especially true when it comes to your immune system, which is always on the alert for threats from infectious germs. This incredible system has one weakness, however. It’s less effective against microorganisms from outside its local environment. This is a serious concern for those seeking foreign medical care, since many countries have strains of disease that most Americans have never encountered.
What Happens If the Unexpected Occurs?
At this point you may be shrugging your shoulders and saying, “big deal. All I need is a little routine care.” The problem is that dentistry, or any form of healthcare for that matter, is rarely “routine.” If something unexpected happens, would you rather be 5000 miles away from home in a strange country? Or would you prefer to be close to home, with a dentist you know and trust and your loved ones nearby?
Can’t Afford Your Care? Your Dentist May Be Able to Help
One reason why many people express an interest in overseas dental care is due to fear over costs, even after insurance coverage is factored in. In many cases however, you may be able to get the treatment you need for less than you might think. Here are some options to consider:
- Private financing. Many lenders provide credit terms for people seeking dental care.
- Pay as you go. This is a popular option for those interested in dental implants. You pay for your treatment in phases, rather than all up front.
- Reduced-cost care. This is an especially good option for those in need of basic services such as checkups, cleanings, and fillings.
Please understand, we’re not saying that all overseas dental care is unsafe. To the contrary, you’ll find highly trained and dedicated dentistry professionals in every corner of the globe. But, when it’s your health that’s on the line, doesn’t it make more sense to see your dentist in Manahawkin instead? That way you’ll not only get top-quality care, you’ll also get affordable rates and peace of mind. Those are the kinds of benefits that are truly priceless.
About the Author
Dr. Robert Young is an expert in multiple forms of dental medicine, from basic care to advanced cosmetic, restorative, and implant procedures. An honors graduate of the New Jersey College of Medicine and Dentistry, he leads a caring staff of dental care professionals whose highest priority is your well-being. You can reach his office online or by calling (609) 597-1830.